Code

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Family Photos

In the past I have gotten Kate's photos taken each year on or around her birthday and featured this photo in our Christmas cards.  Last year with the birth of Jack, I of course included him in her photo session and got a great shot of the two of them to use on our cards.  Well this year we decided to try a family photo for the first time.  A former coworker of mine, Connie Riggio, left REI about a year ago to pursue her dream of doing photography full-time (http://www.connieriggiophotography.com/).  So I reached out to her to take on the task of our family photos.  So we set the date for mid-November and I just crossed my fingers that the skies would part and we would get a nice day.  I don't know what I was thinking.  It's November in Seattle.  So anyway, we set out on a very drizzly November morning and met Connie and her husband at the Lake Wilderness arboretum near our house.   Despite the yucky weather, and despite Jack being not too keen on getting his picture taken, we had a great time and Connie did an amazing job.  Here are some of our favorites: 

The whole family:




Kate - My Mini-Me:




My little man Jack:




The two kiddos:

Jack discovering a new love for puddles!

And the two of us.  Can you tell I like this guy?


And of course, we used some of these photos for our Christmas cards.  I know I used to handmake our cards, but since the birth of Jack, time just doesn't seem to exist for that anymore!  Luckly my good friend Raeann makes amazing custom cards (www.rositadesigns.com).  Here is what she came up with:

2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful. :) can't wait for mine to come in the mail so that I can see the back. :) - Carla and Matt Snook

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, carrie! you know you made my life easy this year! those images were sooo cute!

    ReplyDelete