Code

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day

For Mother's Day this year, Dave bought tickets for a brunch cruise that took us around Lake Washington - from Coulon Park up to the 520 bridge and back.  And although the cruise didn't really accommodate to children - no high chairs and no milk - which I thought was a bit strange for a Mother's Day event, we had a wonderful time.  As an added bonus, the weather turned out much better than predicted and we actually got some sunshine!  And on top of that, my handsome husband surprised me with a beautiful ring!  




I dressed up the kids in their "Thing 1" and "Thing 2" shirts which were a big hit with everyone we saw, especially the piano player on the boat who made up Cat in the Hat songs just for them! 
Thing 1
Thing 2

Mommy's Little Man

My two cuties (who are getting so big I could barely lift them both for this picture)


Kisses for Daddy!

After the boat ride we came home to rest for a bit.  Jack napped and Dave took Kate out for some errands so I could read in bed for a while (one of my very favorite things to do).  Thanks Dave!  We then met the Larsen family at The Ram for dinner so we could give Grandma Cecile her Mother's Day gifts.  What a fun day!


Grandma with Kate

Grandma with Jack

My own mom arrived in Seattle today so we will be having a belated celebration with her over the weekend.  Happy Mother's Day to her and to all of the wonderful moms out there!





No comments:

Post a Comment