Code

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all of the wonderful fathers out there; most of all my dad, my father-in-law and my husband!  

We had a very relaxing day at home today.  I had originally planned to have Dave play golf with some of his buddies, but due to a hand injury, he had to bow out.  So we had to come up with other ways to spoil him.  

His first treat was letting him sleep in both days this weekend (well as much as you can sleep in with two rowdy toddlers downstairs).  We also attempted to take him out to dinner last night.  We tried to take him to Jaks Steakhouse in Issaquah.  But after over an hour wait, with no end in sight, we ended up at the XXX for burgers and shakes instead.  Not a bad compromise, but not exactly what I had in mind for his special dinner.

This morning we gave him his gifts.  I got him the usual assortment of clothes from REI - I love shopping for him there, especially since I get a discount :).  I also got him a special pan for grilling vegetables on the barbecue.  Kate got him a gift certificate for wine.com (so thoughtful of her).  And Jack got him a certificate to Pro Golf Discount.  Both complements of Living Social, which, along with Groupon, is one of the greatest resources when it comes to gift ideas!



   
The kids also made him nice gifts at daycare.



I love that Kate thinks Dave is 10 feet tall and weighs 25 pounds.  Especially since she weighs 38 pounds herself!  She also made him a nice frame made out of tongue depressors and buttons but it is currently in need of some repairs (after getting accidentally smashed on the way home from daycare) so I don't have a picture.  

After presents, Jack and I went to Starbucks to pick up some coffee and breakfast.  Dave watched the US Open for a bit and then went out for a long bike ride.  With our weather being so bad and just being busy with the kids, he hasn't gotten many opportunities to get out riding.  So that was a nice treat.  

When he got home, Kate asked him if he would like to come to her tea party.  While considering if he wanted to (as he sat in front of the TV watching golf), Kate said "I'm serving wine, now do you want to come?".  How could he pass that up?  And of course, she wanted to have it outside on the deck, despite it being 50 degrees outside.  


Speaking of the deck, we just got new furniture for the section of the deck right outside our bedroom.  I love it!


We ended the day's festivities with dinner at The Rock with the Larsen family so we could wish Poppa Dave a Happy Father's Day too!



No comments:

Post a Comment