Code

Friday, July 8, 2011

Dream Come True - Sort Of

Growing up, I loved swimming.  Any time I got a chance to go to a pool, I was thrilled and I stayed in it as long as possible.  My parents usually had a hard time getting me out.  I loved taking swimming and diving lessons.  But growing up in Colorado, it wasn't too common to have swimming pools in your backyard.  I think I had one friend, Allison, who had a pool.  And I LOVED getting to go play at her house!  Outside of that and the occasional visit to the rec center's indoor pool, my only pool time happened during family vacations - which wasn't nearly often enough.  So as a child I always dreamed of owning a home with a pool in the backyard.  

Well I moved to Seattle where it is even less common to have a pool in your backyard.  What was I thinking?  But this past weekend we had wonderful weather so I ventured out to Fred Meyer and purchased a pool for the kiddos.  Not quite the pool I had dreamed about when I was growing up, but I guess it will do for now.  And the kids sure seemed to enjoy it!







And Daddy turned on the sprinklers in the yard to add even more fun.




Pure joy!


Maybe someday I'll retire somewhere warm and sunny where it is typical to have a pool in your backyard.  Until then, the kiddie pool will have to do.  





No comments:

Post a Comment