Code

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Awaiting the Tooth Fairy

It is an exciting evening at the Larsen house tonight.  We are expecting our first visit from the tooth fairy!  Kate lost her first tooth this morning at daycare.  She was so excited, she called both me and Dave at work to tell us.  And I'm glad she did, because that gave me a chance to run out at lunch and do some tooth fairy preparations!  I had already purchased her a tooth fairy pillow a while back when the tooth first became loose.  I found her this cute one on Etsy.com - Personalized Tooth Fairy Pillow.  So now I just needed to figure out the reward.  


Kate has a book called "Silverlicious" that talks about the Tooth Fairy.  And in it, Tootheetina the Tooth Fairy brings the little girl 3 silver coins that end up being made of chocolate.  So I went to the party store and purchased chocolate coins.  They only had gold, not silver.  So that will have to do.  The west coast Tooth Fairy prefers gold I guess.  I also went to the bank and got some one dollar coins - the real ones, not the chocolate ones.  Because she has to get something to put in her piggy bank, even though she doesn't really have any concept of money just yet.  She is only 4 which apparently is young to be losing teeth.  So I'm guessing she'll be more excited about the chocolate coins. 


Here she is minus one tooth (she is in desperate need of a hair cut at the moment): 


And here she is in her pajamas holding up her pillow (the sticker was from her teacher and says "I lost a tooth!"):

  
Well I best be off to make sure the Tooth Fairy arrives as expected!

No comments:

Post a Comment