Code

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

My Funny Valentines

The kids had lots of fun celebrating Valentine's Day yesterday.  They each got cards to share with their friends at school.  Kate picked Barbie ones and addressed them all herself.  We taped licorice to them because it is one of her favorite types of candy (just like Mom!).  Jack picked Cars ones and Mom helped him address his.

Over the weekend Kate also made Valentine cookies with Grandma Cecile.  She decorated them all by herself.  From what I understand, there was a fair amount of frosting licking occurring during the decorating.  Last night I picked out a cookie to eat after dinner and as I was eating it, Kate said "I licked that one before I put the sprinkles on it!".  So happy I know that.

Brother & sister before school


Jack's Valentine Party

 Decorating cookies

Eating his masterpiece

 Jack and his friend Penny.  So cute!

 Jack being silly with his best friend Dominik.

When we got home from school, both kids opened all of their Valentines from their friends and teachers while I cooked some spaghetti for dinner.  Once Dave got home, we ate and then exchanged our cards for each other.


I always get the kids a gift for Valentine's Day along with a couple of treats.  This year I got Kate her first set of Legos.  They recently came out with Legos for girls and she has been wanting them.  She built this car and the car wash station with very little help from us.  Plus it was a fun activity for us to work on together!

Jack got this super cool Pirate Ship with a train track that goes through it for his Thomas trains.  It kept him busy the entire night!

And I shouldn't forget to mention that my husband spoiled me as always - flowers, cards, jewelry and all!  I am such a lucky girl!  He left for a 4 day skiing trip today and it still amazes me that after almost 9 years of marriage, I still get sad when I drop him off at the airport.  I hate it when he isn't home and can't wait for him to get back (but of course I hope he has a fabulous time)!  


Happy Valentine's Day to you all.  Hope you had a great day too!

No comments:

Post a Comment