Code

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Two Scoops!

One of my very best friends, and my co-worker at REI, Brooke Conn is pregnant with boy/girl twins.  I had the pleasure of throwing her shower at work last week.  The theme was "Two Scoops" and we had make-your-own sundaes.  My super talented friend Raeann of Rosita Designs created the adorable invitation in electronic form so I could send it out via email.


We held the shower in one of our training rooms at REI.  So we did our best to make it look festive (there is only so much you can do with a training room).  

I made the banner using scrapbook paper and letters I cut with my Cricut.

I used sundae glasses filled with flowers as the centerpieces at each table and then gave the set of glasses to Brooke as a gift to her new family of 4!

We bought lots of plain white bibs and fabric markers for the guests to decorate.

We kicked off the official baby pool to guess the babies' combined weight and arrival date.  Whoever gets closest will win the pot!

I unfortunately didn't get a picture of the actual ice cream sundae table.  So you will just have to believe me when I say it was beautiful!  Pre-scooped vanilla and chocolate ice cream, bright colored bowls filled with toppings and sauces of all kinds, and of course, whipped cream!  Delicious!

Me with the guest of honor.  She is quite possibly the cutest pregnant person I have ever known.  She is 30 weeks pregnant in this photo...with twins!

Me and Brooke with two of the other lovely ladies that helped plan the event, Cindy Cannon & Jesse Savereux (not pictured - Christine McGrath). 

We had a great turnout of all of Brooke's co-workers who love her as much as I do.



 Brooke with our V.P. Joe Dell'Orfano

Brooke with one of her favorite project sponsors, Tom Kimmett

Opening gifts

Mini tie-dyed onesies from Judith Rich - so cute!






 We had a great time celebrating Brooke.  Now I can't wait to meet those babies!





No comments:

Post a Comment