Code

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dave's Birthday

For some reason, Kate has gotten it into her head that for birthdays, girls have princess parties and boys have Spiderman parties.  So when I told her that Daddy's birthday was coming up, she insisted on a Spiderman birthday party.  So of course, I did it up - Spiderman decorations, Spiderman wrapping paper, Spiderman balloons and a Spiderman ice cream cake from Baskin Robbins (
Rocky Road
ice cream with chocolate cake - his favorite).  I picked up Chipotle (another favorite) for dinner on the way home from work.  While I was paying for the food, Dave called to tell me the battery in his truck had died and he was stuck at work in downtown Seattle.  Change of plans! 

I made a detour to pick him up an unplanned gift - a new battery from the auto supply store :).  Then I picked up the kids from daycare.  The 3 of us started the party without the birthday boy as he had to wait for the garage service to arrive to give him a jump start. 

Party minus the birthday boy 

Once he finally arrived home, we broke out the cake and presents. 

Spiderman ice cream cake!

Kate with a blue tongue from the frosting!

Jack helping Daddy finally eat his birthday!

It was a fun party once Dave finally arrived home!  He got to round out the evening by installing his brand new car battery!  Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment