Code

Friday, February 18, 2011

Valentine's Day

I know a lot of people have mixed emotions about Valentine's Day.  But I am one of those rare people that really love it.  I collect heart-shaped things.  I love Brach's candy conversation hearts.  I love receiving overpriced flowers from my husband at work :).  I used to love making handmade cards for all of my loved ones before Jack was born and consumed all of my time!  So now I love going to the store and picking out the perfect cards.  

It appears that Kate is beginning to follow in my footsteps.  She was very excited about Valentine's Day this year.  This was the first year that she picked out her cards all by herself - Disney Princess ones, of course.  And then she carefully wrote her friends names on each one.  It took a couple of hours (and some of my patience), but she did a great job.  

Kate working on her cards

Jack also got cards for his friends but needed a little help from me addressing them!  He went with a Cars theme for his.  They both had a lot of fun at their parties.  Kate's class got to make english muffin pizzas and Jack's class got to enjoy a fun snack mix made by their teacher.

All the cards Kate received from her friends

Here is the card Kate made for us - guess it is time to get her enrolled in dance classes!

And the card from Jack

After school, Dave picked up the kids and I met them at a restaurant for dinner.  I gave them their gifts and we all exchanged cards.  Unfortunately the service was extremely slow.  We had been there 30 minutes and they still hadn't taken our order.  And that is when Jack started to lose it.  Once he started his tantrum and screaming fits, we knew it was time to leave.  So we went home and cooked a frozen pizza.  Happy Valentine's Day to us!

Kate reading her new "Silverlicious" book from Grandma & Poppa Graham

Jack eating his dinner at home after we had to leave the restaurant

 Hope you all had a great Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

  1. We bought Jackson the same t-shirt for Valentine's Day that Jack is wearing. He refused to put it on. Love the blog. Miss you and will call this weekend.

    ReplyDelete