Code

Monday, June 18, 2012

Little Gymnast

Kate has been taking gymnastics classes for nearly a year now at a local gym here in Maple Valley.  Last Monday they hosted their end of school year "Olympics" where the kids demonstrated the tricks they have learned.  

I have felt a little torn about having her in gymnastics.  Being a gymnast nearly my entire childhood - for 15 years, I love being back in a gym and watching her begin to learn the basics.  But after multiple broken bones, stitches, reconstructive knee surgery and more sprained ankles than I can count, my body is definitely feeling the tole that gymnastics took on it.  So I'm not so sure I want her to get fully invested in gymnastics long-term.  Maybe I can get her into cheerleading instead...

Here are some pictures of her first "Olympics":

Stretching

Starting her floor routine

Backbend

On the bars

Watching her classmate on the beam

Doing a scale on the beam

Receiving her award on the podium

With her coach

Our little gymnast!



1 comment:

  1. want to poke a few inches up one of those sexy beauties.

    ReplyDelete