Code

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Teacher Gifts 2012

Somehow, my kids' last days in their current classrooms snuck up on me.  Since they are in daycare year round, it isn't as clear when they will be moving to the next rooms and getting new teachers.  Well suddenly Kate's last day in Junior Kindergarten is tomorrow.  Next week she will be moving into a summer program before starting Kindergarten at the elementary school in the Fall.  Her last day is tomorrow and as of this morning, I had done nothing about gifts for her teachers.  Luckily Jack's last day in his room isn't until next week, but I better solve for that too.  


So I turned to my trusty resource, Pinterest, for an idea.  If you haven't caught on to the addiction of "pinning", I would highly recommend it - an endless supply of amazing ideas.  I saw this adorable ice cream sundae gift box and decided I could do something similar. 


I picked up your basic sundae fixings:

And some cute colorful baskets (on sale) that fit everything.  I had the tissue paper at home.

Everything went in to the baskets.  Easy enough!


Then I made little tags using a stamp and some markers (ignore my messy handwriting).

I used ribbon I had at home to attach the tags and somewhat tie down the contents of the baskets (a thicker ribbon would have been better, but I used what I had on hand).

And voila!  Super easy and fairly cute.  Not even close to the picture on Pinterest but it gave me the idea and that was all I needed!


Now off to bed so I can deliver these in the morning!
  







No comments:

Post a Comment