Code

Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas 2012

Somehow it is already two weeks into the new year and I haven't managed to get this out yet.  I guess I'm getting it in before Valentine's Day so I'm technically still on time.   

Since we had already celebrated with my family earlier in the month at Disney World, Christmas this year was spent at home here in Washington.  I missed getting to visit with my best friend Andrea in Colorado, but it was nice to relax at home and avoid the hectic holiday travel for a change.  

We kicked off the festivities with a visit to Santa Claus where Jack asked for the Batman House (i.e., Bat Cave) and Kate asked for the Monster High high school.  Check out the "bling" on Santa's belt! 

Jack is wearing what I call his "handsome shirt".  Typically he will only wear shirts that have a super hero of some kind on them.  But he made an exception for Santa (and because Mommy begged him).

At home in front of the tree with Sully.  Sully tries to get in every picture.  This time we let him!

We also baked cookies using the new KitchenAid Mixer Dave got me (and let me have early so I could make the cookies of course).  Isn't it beautiful?  




On Christmas Eve we didn't have any plans all day so we decided to treat the kids to lunch at Chuck E. Cheese.  We practically had the place to ourselves and had lots of fun.  It may be a new tradition.  Seems festive right?

Christmas morning the kids woke up to discover that Santa had come.  The bat cave and high school were both received with much excitement and then were immediately requested to be assembled.  Get to work Dad!



We opened our stockings and then our gifts to each other.  Chaos ensued for a bit and then I made pancakes - with my KitchenAid mixer of course.

Kate opening her gifts

Jack with his new Hulk hands

Personalized super hero capes

Special gifts from Uncle Josh - an Ariel doll and Buzz Lightyear gloves

Kate with the Monster High high school from Santa

In their new sleeping bags (no these are not REI brand in case you were wondering)

I received many wonderful things (Have I mentioned the KitchenAid mixer?  If you don't have one, you are really missing out.), but I would have to say my favorite gifts were these:
A glittery pinecone ornament made by Jack and a clay snowman made by Kate.  Love them!

Later in the afternoon we headed over to Grandma & Poppa Larsen's house for celebration #2.  We had a delicious dinner and yes, opened more presents!

Jack in his Ironman mask from Uncle Jeff

Kate covered in her Justin Bieber blanket (the obsession has already started and she is only 6) doing her favorite activity - artwork!

Uncle Kevin and Uncle Jeff

We had a fantastic day spent with our wonderful family.  Merry Christmas to all!  Now time for goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment