Code

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Tulip Festival

Last  week we got to enjoy a few days of sunshine before the rains started back up again on Saturday.  So I decided to take Friday off and pull the kids out of school so we could head up to the Tulip Festival.  The last time I went was the first April after I moved here which was 14 years ago!  So needless to say, I had never been with Dave and the kids.  

Unfortunately the kids didn't find it quite as cool as I did.  Probably because there is a whole lot more "tulip" and not a lot of "festival".  So they found it a bit boring.  But we got some great photos!  

Here is the first field we visited before heading into La Conner for some lunch.










Mt. Baker in the background 



We ate lunch at the La Conner Brewing Company and then topped it off with some ice cream!  This was the kids' favorite part of the day.



By the time Jack finished, he was completely covered in chocolate - on his forehead, in his hair, all over his shirt, etc.  He got lots of laughs and comments from people walking by.  It took a long time to clean him up!  

We checked out one more field before heading back home.



You can see a little bit of the chocolate on the top of Jack's shirt.  That doesn't even compare to what the rest of the shirt looks like.  Somehow I missed getting a picture of the whole thing.





Pretty amazing colors!  I'm glad we got a chance to go.  I'm not sure I'll be able to convince my family to take me again anytime soon!  

No comments:

Post a Comment