Code

Monday, November 22, 2010

Jack's Room

My mother-in-law offered to watch Jack and Kate this Saturday and Dave had an all day board meeting to attend.  So I decided to take advantage of the empty house and finally paint Jack's room.  The previous owners also had a little girl and a little boy.  The little girl's room was lavender which worked out just great with Kate's new Disney Princess theme.  The boy's room had a surf theme and the walls were an aqua blue and the curtains were red & white striped.  It wasn't bad but didn't really match the bedding and decor that we have for Jack.  So I painted the walls just a dark beige (think chocolate milkshake) color.  And then I hung navy blue curtains.  I figure they are basic enough that they will likely match future decor when he has grown out of the jungle theme.  I always under-estimate how long it will take to paint a room.  I figured I could get it done in a couple of hours because it is a small room.  But it ended up being almost a whole day affair.  Oh well - at least it is done!  Once Dave got home he hung pictures on the walls and it was finally complete.  Unfortunately it still reaks of paint so Jack is currently sleeping in the bonus room :). 





1 comment:

  1. Very nice Carrie! Don't you love it when you complete a project?? I recently painted Logan's room as well (my first time I ever painted a room myself) and it took forever!

    The walls almost look like they have stripes on it, do they??

    Hope all are feeling better in your house! Sure had fun at Kate's party. Good to see you!

    ReplyDelete