Code

Friday, November 5, 2010

Remembering Jane

Yesterday my grandmother Jane passed away at the age of 96.  Although I am very sad that I won't get to see her again and that she won't get to see how much my kids have grown since our last visit, I know that she is probably in a much happier place. 

My grandmother was a wonderful woman who raised my mom as a single mother with the help of her sister and mom after her husband was killed in WWII.  She was a very generous woman who dontated much of her time and money to her church and other organizations.  She loved holidays like I do.  So I have had many fond memories of her today as I have packed away our Halloween decorations, many of which were gifts from her. 

I remember Jane putting out bird seed and corn for the squirrels every day and smile when I realize that now my own mom does that.  I wonder if I will some day?  I can barely remember to feed my dog and cat every day!  I remember her baking many yummy treats for my brother and I when we would come to visit - especially her angel food cake with glaze made from orange juice.  I think I'll need to make one of those soon!  I remember telling her that Dave and I were moving in together (before we were married) and her saying "Well you be good to each other.".  All she ever wanted was for all of us to be happy.   

So now I am hoping that she can find happiness in the next stage of her life.  And wherever she is, I hope that she can finally be reuinited with her husband after all of these years. 

Granny Jane with me and Jack last November

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet remembrance of your grannie! I'm so sorry for your loss! I hope you continue to remember the good times! What a sweet granddaughter you are!

    ReplyDelete